Alexander Technique for the Actor I
Starts: Monday, September 25, 2017
Mondays, 2:30pm-5pm, 8 Weeks - no class on 10/9, $425
People who use the Alexander Technique have presence. They have that special kind of ease that comes from letting go of habits and living with less stress. They have more energy and speak with an authentic voices. They feel freer because they know they have choices. Responsible for themselves, they are more responsible partners at work, at home and in their communities.
Alexander Technique is a straight-forward set of principles about how we think, move and breathe, the Alexander Technique is best understood through experience with a teacher, in activities as simple as walking.
By practicing simple reminders and changing your movement skills, you can suspend those habits that lead to stress, strain and a diminished life.
Since its development over 100 years ago, people worldwide have used AT to
- Change posture habits and rethink what is not working in your posture
- Avoid strain and recuperate from injuries.
- Prevent or alleviate problems for computer and cell phone users: RSI, “text neck”, shoulder pain
- Prevent chronic back pain.
- Gain more awareness and enjoyment of movement
- Learn how to stop rushing through life to feel less anxious and more satisfaction
- Communicate with an authentic body language and a clear voice
- Gain precision in the performance of any activity that is important to you (sports, performing arts, parenting)
Location: The Barrow Group
312 West 36 St, 3rd floor
New York, NY 10018